BBQ White Bean Salad with Cilantro-Lime Ranch
Tender white beans are coated in tangy and sticky BBQ sauce, tossed with some greens + veggies, and topped with a creamy cilantro-lime ranch dressing. This filling vegetarian salad can be whipped up in under 20 minutes. If you decide to make your own BBQ sauce, double the recipe and use half for another recipe. I suggest BBQ Salmon with Pineapple-Mango Salsa.
For the Salad
- 2 14.5 oz cans white beans (cannellini, navy or great northern) drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup Homemade or store-bought BBQ sauce
- ½ tsp salt
- 6 cups salad greens of your choice (romaine, arugula, baby spinach etc)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced in half-moons
- 1 cup corn, fresh or frozen and thawed
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- Lime wedges for garnish
For the Cilantro-Lime Ranch:
- 3 tbsp mayonnaise
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tbsp fresh chopped dill
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp chopped chives
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp sea salt
For the Cilantro-Lime Slaw
- 1 ½ cups coleslaw mix
- 2 tbsp cilantro-lime ranch
Add the beans to a saucepan with the BBQ sauce and put over medium heat. Let the beans simmer in the sauce for about 5 to 10 minutes until the sauce thickens and coats the beans. Remove from heat and set aside.
In the meantime, prepare the ranch by combining all the ingredients in a bowl, or blender. Set aside.
Prepare the slaw, by mixing together coleslaw mix with 2 tbsp of the ranch dressing. Set aside.
To serve, divide the lettuce, all the veggies and slaw among two large bowls. Top with the BBQ beans. I like to pile each ingredient in its own section so it looks pretty, but you can arrange it however you like. Drizzle with ranch dressing and serve.