Whisky-Spiked Pecan Pie Brownies are the perfect dessert to bring to your next holiday gathering. These fudgy and decadent brownies are topped with a whiskey-spiked layer of pecan pie filling, creating a rich and unforgettable dessert! Serve these with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for the ultimate dessert experience! Are you looking for more holiday desserts? Check out some of my favorites!Chocolate Brownie Candy Cane CookiesAlmond Lace FlorentinesApple Pie Empanadas
For the Brownies
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 3 large eggs at room temperature (I place mine in a bowl of warm water)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
For the Pecan Pie Topping
- 4 tbsp salted butter at room temperature
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tbsp dark corn syrup
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1 tbsp whiskey (you can sub vanilla extract)
- 1 ½ cups roughly chopped pecans
- Grease a 9x11 inch pan and set aside. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring a few times, until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In another large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla and salt.
- Add the apple sauce to the melted chocolate and mix to combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the chocolate mixture into the egg mixture a little at a time, then fold in the flour and baking powder mixture.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan, then smooth it into an even layer.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until the edges are set and the center is slightly firm..
- While the brownie base is baking, make the pecan pie topping.
- In a medium-sized bowl, cream together the butter and brown sugar. Add the maple syrup, corn syrup, salt, whiskey (or vanilla) and beat until combined. Add the eggs, one at a time, and mix until combined. Stir in the pecans.
- After 15 minutes, remove the brownies from the oven and gently pour the pecan mixture on top, and spread until even in a thin layer.
- Return to the oven and continue baking for another 40-45 minutes until the pecans and center of the brownies are set.
- Turn off the oven and leave the brownies inside for 10 minutes. Remove and place on a cooling rack.
- Allow to cool completely (for at least 30 minutes) before cutting.
Leave A Comment