You will love how easy this recipe for garlic shrimp comes together. You can have dinner on the table in under 15 minutes which makes it perfect for a weeknight dinner, yet this recipe is also a great classic for entertaining guests. It’s a simple dish made with a just a few ingredients, but it tastes like a dish from a fancy restaurant! Sautéed shrimp are tossed in a garlic butter white wine sauce. Serve these delicious shrimp with warm crusty bread to soak up all the delicious sauce, trust me, you wont regret it! Are you looking for some other side dish ideas to accompany this recipe? Check out some of my favorites!The BEST Garlic BreadGarlicky Parmesan Swiss ChardCreamy + Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ pounds shrimp, peeled, deveined & butterflied
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 8 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 4 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Season the shrimp with 1 tsp salt.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add 2 tbsp olive oil and cook shrimp until it is pink but slightly undercooked, about 2 minutes per side (you will finish cooking it in the sauce later.) Transfer to a plate and set aside, leaving as much oil in the pan as possible.
- Add garlic and crushed red pepper and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add wine and let reduce by half, about 2 minutes.
- Add the butter, lower the flame and stir until the butter is melted and the sauce is thickened, about 3 minutes more.
- Add the shrimp back into the pan and toss to coat until the shrimp is fully cooked about 2 more minutes, depending on their size. Remove from flame..
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with warm, crusty bread.
Leave A Comment