Snap peas are so sweet and crunchy, and when they are fresh, they are delicious to eat raw! This quick + easy salad combines a ton of late spring veggies like butter lettuce, snap peas, carrots and radishes and is topped off with delicious lemony garlic scape chimichurri. If you can’t find garlic scapes, you can just use garlic instead.
For the Chimichurri:
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 garlic scapes, minced (or 2 cloves garlic)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 8 oz snap peas, sliced into strips
- 1 small carrot, sliced into thin rings
- Thinly sliced radishes (optional, for garnish)
In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, vinegar and garlic scapes. Process until smooth; add the oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest. Pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 15 minutes so the flavors infuse the oil.
Place the lettuce, sliced snap peas and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of chimichurri and toss to combine.
Garnish with sliced radishes.
Store leftover chimichurri in an airtight container in the refrigerator.