Snap peas are so sweet and crunchy, and when they are fresh, they are delicious to eat raw! This quick + easy salad combines a ton of late spring veggies like butter lettuce, snap peas, carrots and radishes and is topped off with delicious and vibrant lemony chimichurri. Looking for more light + healthy recipes? Check out some of my favorites:Thai Ground Pork Lettuce WrapsCrunchy Thai Salad + Creamy Peanut DressingGreek Style Shrimp with Tomatoes + Feta
For the Chimichurri:
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
For the Salad:
- 1 head butter lettuce, leaves washed and dried
- 8 oz snap peas, sliced into strips
- 1 small carrot, sliced into thin rings
- Thinly sliced radishes (optional, for garnish)
- In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, vinegar and garlic. Process until smooth; add the oregano, crushed red pepper, salt and pepper. Transfer the sauce to a bowl and stir in the lemon zest. Pour the olive oil over the mixture. Let stand for at least 15 minutes so the flavors infuse the oil.
- Place the lettuce, sliced snap peas and carrots in a bowl. Drizzle with 3-4 tablespoons of chimichurri and toss to combine.
- Garnish with sliced radishes.
- Store leftover chimichurri in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave A Comment