If you love chicken parmesan, you will love this fun twist on the classic Italian dish. These perfectly seasoned meatballs are cooked in one skillet, covered in marinara sauce and topped with mozzarella cheese and broiled until melty and gooey! Serve these delicious meatballs with pasta, in a roll as a sub or with a big salad and garlic bread. Are you looking for more one pan meals? Check out some of my favorites!Greek Style Shrimp with Tomatoes + FetaCheesy Chicken Sausage + Pasta Skillet30-Minute Unstuffed Pepper Skillet
- ½ cup Panko
- 2 tbsp lukewarm water
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ yellow onion, finely minced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced on microplane
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ~¼ cup extra virgin olive oil, for cooking
- 16 oz marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix together the breadcrumbs and water and set aside.
- Then combine the chicken, egg, cheese, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together. Blend the bread crumb mixture into the meat mixture.
- Shape into 2-inch balls.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe pan. When oil is very hot but not smoking, fry meatballs in batches. When the bottom half of the meatball is brown and slightly crisp, turn and cook the top half.
- Pour the marinara sauce into the pan with the meatballs and cover with foil. Bake in the oven on 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, or until the meatballs are cooked through.
- Remove the foil and add the cheese. Bake until the cheese is melted and golden, about 5 more minutes.
Leave A Comment