This recipe for Shrimp Parm + Pasta Bake is an easy weeknight spin-off of a classic comfort food. It is loaded with tender, flavorful shrimp, pasta shells, marinara sauce and gooey cheese. You will love how easy it is to make, coming together in 30 minutes! This recipe checks all the boxes for a crowd-pleaser….it is easy, flavorful and has a nice crunch on top thanks to perfectly seasoned panko breadcrumbs. Looking for more easy weeknight meals that the whole family will love? Check out some of my favorites!One-Pot Chicken Pot Pie PastaLemon Garlic Butter Shrimp + PastaCheesy Chicken Sausage + Pasta Skillet
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups pasta shells
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined and tail removed
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 5 cups (40 oz) marinara sauce
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, sliced into 1/8 inch thick pieces
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh Parsley, chopped for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a small bowl, mix the panko with 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1 teaspoon salt. Set aside.
- Cook pasta shells 2 minutes less than package instructions, drain and set aside (this way the pasta doesn’t get mushy since it will ve cooked more in the oven.)
- While the pasta is cooking, season the shrimp with 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, 1 teaspoon garlic powder and 1 teaspoon onion powder
- In a large sauté pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook the shrimp for 30 seconds on each side. You do not have to cook it fully since it will continue to cook in the oven.
- In a large bowl mix together the marinara sauce, remaining 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, shrimp and mozzarella cheese. Then stir in the pasta.
- Place pasta mixture into a lightly oiled 9x13 casserole dish and add the fresh mozzarella in a single layer on top.
- Top with the seasoned panko breadcrumbs and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Garnish with chopped parsley. Serve immediately.
Leave A Comment