These Blackened Shrimp Fajita Bowls are a quick and easy dinner that your whole family will love! Plus you can get these on the table in under 30 minutes. Serve these flavorful shrimp over cilantro-lime rice and your choice of toppings! Looking for more easy + flavorful dinner ideas? Check out some of my favorites!Shrimp Oreganata30 Minute Sheet Pan Chicken FajitasGround Beef Taco Casserole
- 1 lb jumbo shrimp (21-25) peeled and deveined
- 1 tsp adobo
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup fire roasted corn
- ½ serrano pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp Freshly chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Juice from ½ lime
- 1 avocado, diced
- Optional Toppings: Crumbled Cotija Cheese, Crushed Plantain or Tortilla Chips
For the Rice:
- 2 cups uncooked jasmine rice, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
- Make the Rice: Add all the ingredients for the rice, to a rice cooker or small pot. Turn rice cooker on, or bring pot up to a boil, then lower to a low flame, cover and cook for 20 minutes until done. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Set aside.
- Make shrimp: in a large bowl, toss shrimp with adobo, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and 1 tbsp olive oil.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat 1 tbsp olive oil. Add shrimp and cook until opaque and charred, about 2 minutes each side. Set aside.
- Make corn salad: Using the same skillet that you cooked the shrimp, heat on medium high and add corn. Cook without stirring, until golden. Add the serrano and cook over low heat just one minute more. Add a pinch of salt. Remove from heat and transfer the corn to a medium bowl. Add the pepper, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Build bowls: divide rice between 4 bowls. Top with shrimp, corn salad, and diced avocado. Garnish with cilantro, squeeze with lime and serve.
Leave A Comment