This Sheet Pan Sausage, Onion, Peppers + Potatoes is the perfect sheet pan meal for a busy weeknight. This is one of my favorite dinners that comes together in just over 30 minutes but I promise it is totally fuss-free! If you love sheet pan dinners as much as I do, check out some more here.
- 1 ½ lbs potatoes, about 3 large, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes
- 1 ½ tsp salt, divided
- ½ tsp fennel seeds (optional)
- 3 bell peppers, seeds removed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 yellow onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 1 red onion, peeled and quartered, layers separated
- 1 lb Italian chicken sausage (or sausage of your choice), sliced into ½ inch rounds
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Put the peeled and cut potatoes in a pot with 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp fennel seeds and enough water to cover by one inch. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 5 minutes. Strain the potatoes from the water and transfer to a large bowl or back into the pot (to reduce the dishes to wash later!)
- While the potatoes are boiling, cut the peppers, onions and sausage.
- Toss the boiled and strained potatoes with 3 tbsp olive oil and ½ tsp salt. Spread in one layer on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.
- Meanwhile toss the sliced peppers, onions and sausage with 1 tbsp olive oil. Set aside.
- When the potatoes are golden (about 15 minutes) remove the pan from the oven and push the potatoes to one side of the pan and add the sausage mixture.
- Bake for another 10 minutes until the sausage is cooked through. If you want the potatoes, veggies and sausage to be more golden, you can broil them for 2-3 minutes.
Leave A Comment