This hearty fall salad is full of roasted seasonal veggies, nutty farro and the most delicious maple ginger vinaigrette. It incorporates a variety of flavors and textures which is what makes the difference between salads that are just…meh and great salads. Top this salad off with some feta cheese and candied pecans for the ultimate experience! Looking for more healthy winter recipes? Check out some of my favorites!30-Minute Sheet Pan Mojo Chicken + Winter SquashSheet Pan Moroccan Salmon + VeggiesCauliflower + Chickpea Shawarma with Green Garlic Sauce
For the Veggies:
- 8 cups of diced winter/root veggies ¼ inch dice. Use a mix of any of the following: winter squash, sweet potato, kohlrabi, parsnips, celery root, red beets etc (I used kohlrabi, parsnips, celery root and butternut squash)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp curry
- ¼ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp salt
For the Farro:
- 2 cups farro
- 4 cups water
- 1 ½ tsp salt
For the Dressing:
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup Crumbled feta or goat cheese
- 2 cups baby arugula
- ¼ cup candied pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a sheet pan (or 2) with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss all the veggies with olive oil and spices.
- Spread on the sheet pan and roast in the oven for about 25 minutes, or until the veggies are tender and golden.
- While the veggies are roasting, cook the farro according to package directions. There are different types of farro, so the cooking time varies depending on the type you have.
- Once the farro is cooked, place it in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Make the dressing. In a large bowl, whisk together ginger, vinegar, maple syrup, lemon juice, mustard and salt. Drizzle in olive oil, whisking constantly until combined.
- Pour about half of the dressing over the farro while it is still warm and toss until it is combined so the farro soaks up the flavor. Taste and add salt if needed (remember that if you add feta, it will add a little saltiness)
- Then add the baby arugula, roasted veggies, feta and pecans, tossing until combined.
- Drizzle with additional vinaigrette if desired.
Leave A Comment