These quick and easy vanilla protein waffles are healthy and delicious. They are packed with protein (which will help keep you full longer) and unlike a lot of protein waffle recipes out there, they are fluffy on the inside with crispy edges. They’re easy to make, and great for meal prep! I love to make a big batch of these and freeze them so I can pull them out and warm them up for an easy breakfast on busy mornings. You can use any vanilla protein powder, but I LOVE Simply Tera’s Vanilla Bourbon Protein Powder. You can use my code Deniz20 for a discount! Looking for some more healthy breakfast ideas? Check out some of my favorites:Greek Egg MuffinsBanana Almond Protein Breakfast CookiesApple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal
- 2 eggs
- 2 bananas, mashed (1 cup)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 ½ cups buttermilk
- ¼ cup butter/coconut oil
- 1 cup ap
- 1 cup whole wheat
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 scoops protein powder (1/2 cup)
- In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the eggs, mashed banana, honey, buttermilk, butter (or coconut oil) and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together both flours, cinnamon and protein powder.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until fully combined.
- Preheat your Belgian waffle maker. Transfer the batter into the waffle iron and distribute evenly.
- Cook according to the manufacturer's instructions, which usually is about 2-4 minutes, and is done when there is almost no steam coming out of the waffle maker.
- Serve topped with fresh fruit, a dollop of peanut butter or a drizzle of honey.
Leave A Comment