Lemon Garlic Parmesan Pasta with Shrimp is made in just one pot and ready in 20 minutes! Simple ingredients create a delicious buttery lemon garlic sauce, tossed in fresh parmesan cheese and pasta. Only having one pot to clean at the end of this delicious meal makes for a happy Mami! This will become your new favorite!
- 1 lb Spaghetti or Linguine
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 12 tbsp butter
- 6 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 lb large shrimp, peeled, deveined & butterflied
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups rainbow chard, leaves removed, washed and chopped (or spinach)
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice, juice from about 1 lemon
In a large pot cook the pasta in salted boiling water according to package directions. Reserve ½ cup pasta water. Drain and set aside.
Using the same pot, heat olive oil and 4 tbsp of butter. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes and cook until the garlic just begins to get a golden color.
Add the shrimp, salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the shrimp start to turn pink, and flip. Add chard and cook until wilted.
Add the pasta back to the pot with the reserved pasta water, remaining butter, parmesan, and parsley.
Add the lemon juice before serving