Looking for a taco recipe that is quick, healthy and a little different than the usual Tex-Mex Ground Beef Tacos? In this recipe, lettuce wraps take the place of tortillas and ground pork is used instead of ground beef. These taco-spiced ground pork tacos are simmered with onions and bell peppers for a flavorful filling. They are then topped with shredded cheese and drizzled with a lime crema. If you love tacos like me, check out some more recipes here.
- 1 small head baby romaine lettuce
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 green bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 lb ground pork
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp oregano
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lime, zested and sliced into 8 wedges
- ¼ cup sour cream or plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup shredded Mexican cheese blend
- Trim and discard root end from lettuce; separate leaves . Rinse the lettuce and and dry them thoroughly. Set aside
- Heat olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add onion and green pepper and sauté for a few minutes. Then push the veggies to the outside of the pan and put the ground pork in the middle. Add the salt and cook, breaking up meat into pieces, until pork is lightly browned and onion is slightly softened, 4-5 minutes.
- Add the paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin and oregano. Cook, stirring to coat the spices on the pork and veggies. Add 2 tbsp water and cook, stirring occasionally, until pork is fully cooked, about 2 minutes more.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest, and juice from 1-2 lime wedges. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Divide lettuce leaves between plates and fill with pork filling. Sprinkle with shredded cheese and drizzle with lime crema. Serve with lime wedges on the side.
Leave A Comment