Molten Chocolate Lava Cakes are truly perfection! With just 6 ingredients, this recipe comes together in under 30 minutes with just a few secrets to make this the best molten cake you’ve ever had! The most important note to take away from this recipe is to use 60% dark chocolate which will give you a decadent and smooth velvety center! Looking for more desserts perfect for Valentines Day? Check out some of my favorites!5-Minute Molten Chocolate Mug CakesGluten-Free Date + Double Chocolate Chunk CookiesStrawberry + White Chocolate Chip Blondie Bars
- 6 ounces 60% dark chocolate*
- ½ cup 1 stick unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- optional toppings: ice cream, whipped cream, berries, chocolate syrup
- Grease four 6 ounce ramekins with butter or nonstick cooking spray and dust with cocoa powder (this ensures that the cake will come out of the ramekin perfectly.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coarsely chop or break up the chocolate. In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Whisk the flour, confectioners’ sugar, and salt together in a small bowl. In a medium, sized bowl, whisk the eggs and egg yolks together until very well combined, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture a little at a time, into the eggs, whisking al the while. This is important because if you put all the chocolate in the eggs at once, or don’t whisk constantly, the heat from the chocolate will cook the eggs and you will have bits of cooked egg in your batter..ew!
- Gently fold the flour mixture into the egg chocolate mixture using a rubber spatula.
- Spoon chocolate batter evenly into each prepared ramekin.
- Place ramekins onto a baking sheet and bake for 12–14 minutes until the sides are firm looking and slightly puling asway from the sides of the ramekin. The tops will look soft and unset in the center.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on a cooling rack, then cover each with an inverted plate and turn over. Be sure to use an oven mitt because the ramekins will ve very hot! The cakes should come right out of the ramekin.
- Add toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.
Chocolate: Make sure to use 60% dark chocolate, not chocolate chips. You won’t get the lava center if you use chocolate chips.
Leave A Comment