Honey Garlic Shrimp + Coconut Rice is full of flavor, quick AND easy. Juicy shrimp are coated in a sweet and salty glaze and served over creamy coconut rice. And the sauce....it is lick the pan good! You will want to scrape out every last drop of it! The best part is that you can whip this up in 20 minutes. It will soon be a family favorite! Looking for more shrimp recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Blackened Shrimp Fajita Bowls + Cilantro Lime RiceLemon Garlic Butter Shrimp + PastaSheet Pan Sticky Shrimp + String Beans
For the Shrimp:
- 1 pound raw shrimp, peeled + deveined
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk, you will use the rest for the rice
- 2 tbsp fresh orange or lime juice
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- ½ tsp fresh grated ginger
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp salt
For the Coconut Rice:
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 1 ½ cups coconut milk + ½ cup water
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Add the olive oil, honey, soy sauce, coconut milk, orange juice, garlic, ginger, crushed red pepper and cumin to a large bowl. Whisk to combine and then toss with shrimp to coat. Set aside
- Add all the ingredients for the rice, to a rice cooker or small pot. Turn rice cooker on, or bring pot up to a boil, then lower to a low flame, cover and cook for 20 minutes until done.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tbsp olive oil. Once hot, use a slotted spoon to remove the shrimp from the marinade, reserving the marinade for later.
- Cook the shrimp until pink, about 1-2 minutes per side, and season with ½ tsp salt. Remove the shrimp (so it doesn't overcook), add the remaining marinade and reduce the sauce for 2 more minutes until it thickens.
- Add the shrimp back in just to toss in the sauce.
- Serve shrimp over coconut with rice. Garnish with freshly chopped cilantro
Leave A Comment