These Gluten Free Orange Cranberry Breakfast Cookies are a great breakfast or snack….and they are sooooo delicious! They are also gluten -free, vegan optional and free of refined sugars so you can be confident that these are healthy and wholesome. If you are looking for more healthy breakfast recipes, check out some of my favorites!Monster Protein Breakfast CookiesBanana Strawberry Breakfast CookiesFlourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup whole rolled oats
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup cooked quinoa
- zest from 1 orange
- 2 eggs or flax eggs (2 tablespoons ground flaxseed + 6 tablespoons water)
- ½ cup almond butter
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and warm water and set aside to thicken for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda cinnamon and salt.
- Fold in the quinoa and orange zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond butter, coconut oil, almond extract and maple syrup. Stir in the flax egg (or whisk in eggs).
- Add the wet ingredients to the bowl of dry ingredients and fold until just combined. Stir in the pecans and cranberries.
- Scoop about ¼ cup of batter for each cookie onto the prepared sheet pan.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until lightly golden. Cool on the pan for 5 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- When cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container.
Leave A Comment