These chocolate cookies are ridiculously fudgey and decadent…but they are also gluten free, refined sugar-free, vegan and nut-free. This is seriously going to be your go-to recipe, especially because it is super easy and accommodates a ton of dietary restrictions. Don’t skip the flaky sea salt on top…it puts these cookies over the top!
- 1 cup sunflower butter (or nut butter of your choice)
- 2 flax “eggs”, (2 tbsp golden flaxseed meal +6 tbsp water) or 2 eggs if not vegan
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- ¼ tsp coffee extract
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 4 tbsp oat flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate chunks
- Flaky sea salt
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the sunflower butter, eggs, olive oil, coconut oil, coffee extract and maple syrup.
- Sift the cocoa powder, baking soda and salt into the wet mixture, then mix in the coconut sugar and oat flour, mixing until just combined. Fold in the chocolate chunks, reserving about 2 tbsp for later.
- Chill the dough for 20 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Scoop the cookies (I used the 2 tbsp size portion scoop) and place them on a parchment lined baking sheet leaving about 2 inches in between cookies. Press the cookies down so they are about ½ inch thick and place a few chocolate chunks on top of each and sprinkle with flaky sea salt. Bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Turn off the oven and let the cookies sit in the oven for 5 more minutes, then remove them.
- Allow the cookies to cool completely before transferring to a cooling rack.
I was *just* looking for a vegan cookie recipe!
That’s great! I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.