Crispy Lemon Pepper Baked Cod is flaky, golden brown and ready to eat in 20 minutes! This simple and healthy meal is full of flavor, has a fantastic crispy texture and the citrus butter sauce takes it to the next level. Serve this with a nice big salad, some French fries or even fried sweet plantains. The options are endless. Looking for more seafood recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Air-Fryer Shrimp Po Boy Tacos20-Minute Salmon Picatta15-Minute Sheet Pan Citrus Mojo Shrimp
For the Cod:
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup fine cornmeal
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper dry seasoning
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 2 lbs cod fillets ~4 - 6 oz fillets
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp olive oil
For the Sauce:
- ½ lemon
- ½ orange
- 4 tbsp softened room temperature butter divided
- ½ tsp minced garlic on microplane
- 1/3 cup white wine
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour, cornmeal, lemon pepper, and salt.
- Dredge the fish in the flour mixture to coat on all sides and shake off any extra, by tapping the fish lightly.
- Heat a cast iron pan over high heat. Add the butter and olive oil. When the pan is very hot, add the cod and cook the first side for about 2 minutes, or until golden. Carefully flip the fish and cook for another 1-2 minutes while spooning the butter mixture over it. Place in the oven and cook for 5-7 minutes while you make your sauce.
- Add the lemon and orange juice to a small pan over high heat and reduce the liquid to about half. Pour the juice into a small bowl and set aside.
- Using the same small pan, heat 1 tbsp of butter in a saucepan and cook the garlic over medium heat until translucent, about 1-2 minutes. Be careful not to get color on the garlic, or it will ruin the taste of the sauce.
- Add the wine, turn the heat up to high, and cook until you have reduced it to about half.
- Reduce the heat to medium low.
- Using a whisk, slowly mix in 1 tbsp butter at a time, adding more as it becomes emulsified and thickened. It is important that the butter is room temperature so the sauce doesn't break.
- Continue adding the butter until you have a nice, thickened sauce.
- Add the citrus reduction and salt, and mix well.
- To serve, drizzle the sauce over the cod and enjoy!
Leave A Comment