If you’re looking for the ultimate holiday cookie, you’ve found the recipe right here! These decadent cookies are gooey in the inside with a crispy outer shell. They are everything you love about a fudgy, chewy and crinkly brownie in cookie form, topped with crunchy peppermint candy cane bits. If you are looking for other good holiday desserts, check them out here.
- 1 lb semisweet chocolate
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 4 large eggs, at room temperature (I place mine in a bowl of warm water)
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup crushed candy canes
- In a bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, melt the chocolate with the butter, stirring a few times, until smooth, about 7 minutes.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour and baking powder. Set aside
- In another large bowl, using a handheld electric mixer beat the eggs with the sugar at medium speed until thick and pale, about 5 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, peppermint and salt.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in the melted chocolate a little at a time, then fold in the flour and baking powder.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scrape the batter into a shallow baking dish, or bowl, cover and freeze until well-chilled and firm, about 1 hour.
- You can also keep it in the refrigerator for few hours or overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 and line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Working in batches, scoop 2-tablespoon-size mounds of dough onto the prepared baking sheets, about 2 inches apart. Bake for about 8 minutes, remove from the oven and top with crushed candy cane pieces. Bake for another 2 minutes until the cookies are set around the edges and cracked on top. Let the cookies cool on the baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely before serving.
Leave A Comment