This recipe for Chicken Satay should be a staple in your kitchen! Chunks of chicken are marinated in a flavorful, tenderizing marinade, creating delicious and juicy chicken. Stick the chicken chunks onto a skewer and then grill, or bake them. I love making extra so I have leftovers to top on salads or stuff into wraps. Looking for more flavorful chicken recipes? Check out some of my favorites!30 Minute Sheet Pan Chicken FajitasSheet Pan Chicken Shawarma + Yogurt Garlic SauceHalal Cart Chicken + Yellow Rice
- 1 14.5 oz can full fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons curry powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons turmeric
- 1 ½ teaspoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- juice from 1 lime
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Add all ingredients except for the chicken to a large bowl and mix until combined. Then add the chicken and coat the chicken in the sauce.
- Marinate for 20 minutes, or overnight.
- Thread the chicken pieces onto skewers.
To Cook on Grill
- Preheat grill to 400 degrees.
- Oil the grill lightly, and then put the skewers onto the grill.
- Cook the chicken for about 5-6 minutes on each side, or until fully cooked and golden brown.
To Cook in the Oven:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line two sheet pans with parchment paper. Lay the skewers in a single layer on the sheet pans.
- Bake for 10 minutes until fully cooked.
- Optional: Broil for 2-3 minutes if you like your chicken to be golden or charred
Leave A Comment