One-pot skillet dinners are so easy to whip up…and even easier to clean up! This cheesy chicken sausage + pasta skillet is cheesy, bubbly and can be on the table in under 30 minutes. This is the prefect dinner for a busy weeknight, plus it is healthy and uses simple ingredients. If you like quick and easy pasta dinners, check out my recipe for 30 Minute Cheesy Rigatoni + Swiss Chard Pasta.
- 8 ounces pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound chicken sausage, cut into rings
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 14.5 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 10 leaves fresh basil, chiffonade (rolled and cut into ribbons)
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup Italian blend shredded cheese
- chopped parsley or basil, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the pasta according to package instructions. I like to cook mine so it is just al dente, since it will cook more when it is baked in the oven. Drain and run pasta under cold water. Set aside.
- In an oven proof skillet (like a cast-iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the sliced sausage and cook for 5-6 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Add the garlic, and cook for 1-2 minutes, then add the crushed tomatoes, basil, oregano and salt and let cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the pasta and stir to combine.
- Top with both cheeses, and bake for about 10 minutes until the cheese is bubbly and slightly browned at the edges.
- Garnish with chopped parsley or basil. Serve immediately.
Leave A Comment