This cauliflower & chickpea shawarma recipe features perfectly spiced cauliflower and chickpeas with a creamy green garlic sauce. It’s a satisfying vegetarian dinner perfect for weeknights. I love how this dinner comes together pretty quickly with just a sheet pan and two bowls. If you have extra time, my homemade Naan recipe is a fantastic accompaniment, but you can serve this with store-bought pita, rice or a big salad.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 5 garlic cloves, minced on microplane
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper
- 1 ¼ tsp salt
- 1 small head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 pieces of pita bread or Naan
- Lettuce, chopped
- Optional: Sliced pepper, diced cucumbers, crumbled feta cheese
For the Green Garlic Sauce:
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro
- ½ tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, cumin, smoked paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, crushed red pepper and salt. Mix until everything is combined.
- Place the cauliflower and chickpeas in the bowl, and mix thoroughly to coat them with the spice mixture
- Spread the cauliflower and chickpeas onto the prepared sheet pan in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until the cauliflower is fully cooked and the edges begin to caramelize.
- While the cauliflower and chickpeas are in the oven, prepare the sauce by mixing all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth, or by using a small blender.
- Remove the cauliflower and chickpeas from the oven and serve on pita or naan, drizzled with green garlic sauce.
Leave A Comment