This delicious Cara Cara orange-sriracha glazed skillet shrimp uses just 10 ingredients, one pan and takes less than 30 minutes to pull together making it a staple in my house for busy evenings! TIP: If you buy your shrimp already peeled and deveined, this meal will take even less time! Cara Cara oranges have a pink hue and are deliciously sweet. The sweetness of the oranges pairs perfectly with the bold flavors of ginger, garlic and sriracha. The best part about this one-pan meal is that it is a breeze to whip up AND clean up!
- 1 ½ lb. large shrimp (peeled + deveined)
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup fresh squeezed Cara Cara orange juice
- 1 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 3 tbsp avocado oil
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 scallions, sliced
- 1 Cara Cara orange sliced into half moons
- Season shrimp with ½ tsp salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fresh orange juice, lime juice, sriracha, soy sauce and honey. Set aside.
- In a large cast iron skillet, heat the avocado oil over medium-high.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp turn pink, about 2 minutes each side.
- Remove shrimp and put on a plate.
- Add the garlic, ginger and half of the sliced scallions, to the same pan and cook over medium heat, stirring until fragrant but making sure not to brown, about 1 minute.
- Pour the orange juice mixture into skillet and bring to a boil. Cook until sauce thickens slightly, about 2-3 minutes.
- Return shrimp to skillet and toss to coat and heat through.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sliced oranges and remaining scallions.
Leave A Comment