This pasta dish is a perfect weeknight meal that has tons of flavor and is easy to accommodate picky eaters! Pasta of your choice is tossed in a buttery, garlicky sauce topped with crispy + salty golden chickpeas and a nice punch of acidity from lemon zest. All of this is done in one pot. If you have picky eaters, just set aside some pasta and drizzle the garlic butter sauce on it! You can have this healthy dinner on the table in 30 minutes! If you are looking for more quick + easy pasta dishes, here are some of my favorites!Cheesy Chicken Sausage + Pasta SkilletPasta with Green SauceThe Ultimate Penne a la Vodka
- 1 lb pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- Pinch of crushed red pepper
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and blotted dry
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped
- Zest from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for topping
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta 1 minute less than the package instructions so it is al dente. Reserve 1 cup cooking water.
- Drain and set aside.
- In the same pot that you cooked the pasta, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat. Add garlic, and crushed red pepper. Cook, stirring often about 30 seconds and then add the chickpeas. Cook for about 1 minute until the chickpeas are golden, stirring to coat the garlic on the chickpeas. Add ½ tsp salt and toss. Add the butter, let melt then add kale and sauté for until wilted, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add pasta, lemon zest, 1 cup reserved cooking water and ¼ cup parmesan cheese. Toss to coat until shiny.
- Remove from heat and garnish additional cheese.
Leave A Comment