These healthy banana strawberry breakfast cookies are perfectly chewy, topped with crunchy and sweet dehydrated strawberries and banana chips. This simple recipe is made with healthy ingredients, requires only two bowls and comes together in minutes. I personally love these for breakfast, and my kids love the idea of having a cookie in the morning! They are also great as an afternoon or lunchbox snack. In addition, these cookies are gluten free, grain free, vegan and Paleo, which makes these great to accommodate food restrictions or allergies!
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ½ cup almond meal
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried coconut
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup mashed banana, from approximately 2 large or 3 medium overripe bananas
- ½ cup sunflower seed butter, or nut butter of your choice
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp almond extract
- ½ cup dehydrated strawberries
- ¼ cup crushed banana chips
- Preheat to 350°F. Line two sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats, almond meal, coconut, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, sun butter, maple syrup, vanilla and almond extract.
- Fold in the dehydrated strawberries and crushed banana chips.
- Scoop dough using a portion scoop or a scant ¼ cup measuring cup for form about 16 cookies. Flatten the top of each cookie on the baking sheet and bake for 14 to 16 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool completely on baking sheet before removing.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave A Comment