Did somebody say cookies for breakfast?! These Banana Almond Protein Breakfast Cookies are made in one bowl, with healthy ingredients and are so simple to make! They are perfect for a quick breakfast on a busy morning or as a great post-workout snack. I love Simply Tera’s protein powder. Click here and use my code, Deniz20 for a discount. Looking for some more easy make-ahead breakfasts? Check out some of my favorites!Greek Egg MuffinsBanana Bread Baked OatmealStrawberry Chocolate Chip Granola Bars
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp almond extract
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- 1 cup oats
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 scoops Simply Tera’s Bourbon Vanilla Protein Powder, or your favorite vanilla protein powder
- Preheat oven to 375. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the mashed bananas, egg, almond extract and salt.
- Then add the oats, almond flour, protein powder and mix to combine.
- Using a portion scoop, scoop the dough (it will be much wetter than typical cookie dough- don’t worry!) onto the prepared sheet pan about ¼ inch apart.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from baking sheet and let cool.
- Remove cookies using a flat spatula.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 days. (I like to warm mine up in the microwave a bit before eating them)
Recipe looks delicious, I would like to make these special banana cookies, however, the picture looks like you have chopped almonds in the cookies. Did you omit the almonds from recipe accidentally.?
Thanks so much for your comment! I only added chopped almonds on top of the cookies for some texture contrast when taking the photo. That is totally optional and up to you if you would like to add them! I can also add it as an option in the recipe 😊