These classic Christmas cookies are wafer-thin, nutty, lacy and crispy. As they bake, they spread out to form a lacey pattern, which is how they got their name. They are also gluten free and vegan- but you would never know! The best part is that the batter comes together in minutes. You can dust them with powdered sugar, but I love drizzling them with chocolate. This extra step turns them into the perfect holiday treat.Are you looking for more holiday dessert recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Chocolate Brownie Candy Cane CookiesEASY Cinnamon Crumble Apple Pie BarsDanish Butter Cookies
- 1 ½ cups coarse almond meal
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
For the Topping (optional):
- ½ cup dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix together the almond meal, coconut flour, orange zest, salt and sugar.
- In a medium-sized pot, add the wet ingredients (coconut oil, agave syrup, almond milk) and stir until combined.
- Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a low boil. Immediately remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and almond extract.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Cool in fridge for 5 minutes.
- Using a small scoop, shape dough into ½ tablespoon portions and place on baking sheet, at 3 inches apart. If you don't have a small scoop, you can use a teaspoon and fill it up so it heaps over a bit. Repeat until you can’t fit anymore on the baking sheet.
- Using a small piece of wax or parchment paper and a cup, flatten the dough so that it is about 1/8 inch thick. You want these to be very thin.
- Bake for 10 minutes, rotate the pan, and bake for another 7 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on the pan and then carefully transfer to cooling rack using a spatula. Repeat baking process for the rest of the dough.
- Dust with powdered sugar or drizzle with chocolate. If using chocolate, melt chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler. Drizzle cookies with melted chocolate. Chill in the freezer until chocolate is hardened.
Leave A Comment