This recipe may be my new favorite! It is so flavorful, quick and easy. All you need is a sheet pan and a bowl...That’s it! Then you just put your seasonings in a bowl, toss your chicken in the bowl, add your veggies and spread on a sheet pan. The result is tender, perfectly seasoned chicken and veggies with little clean up!This is an easy recipe that everyone in your family will love. It is also great because you can have different sides and toppings to accommodate everyone.
- 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, cut into thin strips
- 1 tbsp adobo (I love Cumpanis)
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic minced on microplane
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 red bell peppers cut into ¼ inch strips
- 2 yellow bell peppers cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 red onion cut into ¼ inch strips
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 10 8-inch flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Optional toppings: crumbled cotija cheese diced avocado, salsa, sour cream etc.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper and lightly oil it.
In a large bowl, combine adobo, cumin, paprika, salt, minced garlic and oil.
Place chicken strips in the bowl and gently toss to combine. Then add the peppers and onions and mix just until everything is incorporated. (This way, the chicken gets most of the seasoning)
Spread the chicken, onions and peppers onto the sheet pan and bake for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is completely cooked through and the vegetables are tender.
Garnish with lime juice, orange juice and cilantro.
Serve with tortillas and toppings of your choice.