You are going to love this simple recipe that will make people think it took much more time to make than it really does! Cook the salmon in a sweet and salty pineapple soy sauce and serve over creamy coconut rice and top with a fresh and delicious pineapple salsa. It’s delicious, healthy, and can be ready in 30 minutes. If you like Salmon check out some of my favorite recipes; Tandoori Salmon with Cucumber Raita + Keto Air-Fryer Salmon + String Beans
For the Salmon:
- 1 lb salmon cut into 4 (4 oz) portions
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp chopped cilantro for garnish
For the Coconut Rice:
- 1 ½ cups jasmine rice
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk + ¼ cup water
- ½ tsp salt
For the Pineapple Salsa
- ¼ red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Line a sheet pan with parchment paper, and place the salmon portions skin side down on the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, pineapple juice, honey, garlic, ginger, and crushed red pepper. Pour about 1/3 of the sauce over the salmon and let marinate for about 10 minutes while you prepare the rice and salsa.
- For the rice, add all the ingredients for the rice, to a rice cooker or small pot. Turn rice cooker on, or bring pot up to a boil, then lower to a low flame, cover and cook for 20 minutes until done.
- Make the salsa: combine all ingredients in bowl. Set aside.
- Season the salmon with a pinch of salt and bake in the oven for about 7-10 minutes (this all depends on how thick the salmon is and how you like it cooked)
- In a small pot, heat up the remaining marinade. Cook until the sauce thickens a bit so it can easily coat the salmon. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Pour the glaze over the cooked salmon.
- Serve the salmon over coconut rice and spoon the salsa over the salmon. Garnish with chopped cilantro
Leave A Comment