This Salmon Piccata recipe has all the flavors you love with the addition of fresh summer oregano! Theres nothing better than a salty, zesty and buttery sauce to accompany pan seared salmon. You can serve this with a big green salad, pasta or garlic bread. This meal can be on your table in under 20 minutes, which makes it a perfect weeknight meal, but it is fancy enough to serve to guests! Looking for more salmon recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Tandoori Salmon + Cucumber Raita30-Minute Pineapple Soy Glazed Salmon + Coconut RiceKeto Air-Fryer Salmon + String Beans
For the Salmon:
- 1 lb salmon, cut into 4 oz portions
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
For the Piccata Sauce:
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- Zest, from half a lemon
- 2 tbsp capers
- ½ cup white wine
- 2 tbsp fresh oregano finely chopped (for garnish)
- Season salmon fillets with 1 tsp salt.
- Heat the oil in a pan over medium-high heat until hot and shimmering. Cook the salmon until golden and crisp on the outside, about 4 minutes.. Carefully flip the fillets and reduce the heat to medium..
- Continue cooking until done to your liking, 1 to 2 minutes more, depending on how well done you like your salmon., Remove the salmon and place on a plate. Set aside.
- Return the pan to medium heat and add butter, garlic, and a pinch of salt. Cook, stirring often, about 1 minute. Add the white wine and simmer until the sauce is reduced by about half. Add the, lemon juice, capers, lemon zest and fresh oregano. Place salmon back in the pan and heat for an extra minute. Then, spoon the sauce over the salmon. Garnish with additional oregano and serve warm.
Leave A Comment