These Thai chicken lettuce wraps are full of bold and fresh flavor. They feature al the major Thai flavors, sweet, sour, spicy and salty. Stuff the chicken mixture into crisp romaine lettuce leaves, and top them with crunchy veggies, herbs and salty cashews. These chicken lettuce wraps taste so good that you’ll never believe that they could come together in under 20 minutes! Serve these with a bowl of jasmine or fried rice on the side. Looking for more quick and healthy recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Buffalo Chickpea Buddha BowlCrunchy Thai Salad + Creamy Peanut Dressing15-Minute Sheet Pan Citrus Mojo Shrimp
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp mirin
- ½ tsp fish sauce
- juice from ½ lime
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, diced into ½ inch cubes
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp vegetable oil
- 1 shallot sliced into ¼ inch thick strips
- 4 oz water chestnuts, diced
- ½ English cucumber, finely diced
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely diced
- 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tbsp chopped salted cashews
- Lime wedges for serving, optional
- In a bowl, make the sauce: whisk together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, mirin, fish sauce, lime juice and sesame oil. Set Aside.
- Season the chicken cubes with ½ tsp salt. In a large pan, heat 1 tablespoon vegetable oil until shimmering, add the shallots and sauté for a few minutes until slightly golden.
- Add the chicken breast and cook for 1 minute on each side, until golden. (it will not be fully cooked and that is fine)
- Add the sauce mixture and simmer for 3-4 minutes until the chicken is coated and fully cooked through.
- To serve, place chicken in lettuce leaves; top with water chestnuts, cucumber, red pepper, cilantro and cashews.
- Finish these off with a squeeze of fresh lime juice.
Leave A Comment