This quick and easy recipe for Sukiyaki Steak + Broccoli is inspired by the steak you get at the Hibachi. My kids love the salty, flavorful sauce so I figured I would try it out at home with the addition of broccoli. This skillet meal comes together in minutes and so you can have dinner on the table in a snap, which is great for busy weeknights! You can even cut the broccoli into florets and combine the sauce ingredients ahead of time and keep in the fridge to make this come together even quicker! Serve over steamed rice and topped with sliced scallions. Looking for more quick + easy Asian-inspired recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Garlic Butter Shrimp Fried RiceSheet Pan Sticky Chicken + BroccoliBetter Than Take-Out Beef Lo Mein
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 lb ribeye, sliced across the grain into strips
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tbsp mirin
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 12 oz broccoli florets
- 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, brown sugar, mirin and garlic. Set aside.
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
- While the pan is heating, season the sliced steak with ½ tsp salt.
- Add the avocado oil and when it begins to shimmer add the sliced steak. Sear on each side for about a minute so it gets a golden color.
- Reduce the flame to medium, add the soy sauce mixture, broccoli and butter, and cook, stirring for 2 minutes.
- in the same bowl that you made the soy sauce mixture, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Increase the flame to high and pour in the cornstarch mixture. Stir until the sauce thickens and fully coats the steak and broccoli.
- Serve over steamed white rice.
Leave A Comment