15 Minute Skillet Mushroom Tacos are quick to make and full of flavor! I love how mushrooms are meaty, juicy and savory which creates a great base for a plant-based taco. Top these off with some diced avocado, lettuce, tomato and cheese! Looking for some more vegetarian recipes? Check out some of my favorites!Crispy Spiced Chickpeas with Summer Veggies + Lemon VinaigrettePasta with Creamy Leek Sauce + Crispy Buttery PankoVegetarian Tortilla Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 16 oz shiitake or baby bella mushrooms
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp cumin
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp water
- Tortillas of choice
- Optional: shredded cheese, diced avocado, lettuce, diced tomatoes
- Heat a cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and mushrooms and sauté until the mushrooms get shiny and begin to release their liquid.
- Push the mushrooms to the outside of the pan and add the onions and peppers to the center. Sauté for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, cumin, chili powder and onion powder and stir to coat the mushrooms onions and peppers. Sauté for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add the tomato paste and water and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Warm up tortillas and fill them with mushroom mixture. Top them off with your choice of toppings and enjoy!
Leave A Comment